Best Practice Guide to Program Hybrid MPI + OpenMP
30 Mar 2017
Another new Best Practice Guide has been published by INTERTWinE - this time discussing hybrid MPI + OpenMP Programming.
Hybrid application programs using MPI + OpenMP are now commonplace on large HPC systems. This Best Practice Guide describes:
- the main motivations for using this combination of programming models, and why and how these potential benefits can be realized in application codes;
- the possible downsides of MPI + OpenMP programs, covering software engineering issues and performance pitfalls;
- the technical details of thread support in the MPI library;
- five different styles of MPI + OpenMP program and their relative advantages and disadvantages;
- some best practice tips for developers of hybrid MPI + OpenMP applications.
To find out more, read the Best Practice Guide to Hybrid MPI + OpenMP Programming now.
Last updated: 24 Apr 2017 at 10:16