Publications and presentations
Peer-reviewed journal publications and conference presentations arising from work done in the context of the INTERTWinE project.
Journal publications and conference proceedings
- Planning for Performance: Persistent Collective Operations for MPI, Bradley Morgan, Daniel J. Holmes,Anthony Skjellum, Purushotham Bangalore and Srinivas Sridharan, EuroMPI/USA '17 Proceedings of the 24th European MPI Users' Group Meeting (Chicago, USA, 25-28 September 2017);
- Interoperability of GASPI and MPI in Large Scale Scientific Applications (click here for pre-print version), Roman Iakymchuk, Luis Cebamanos, Tiberiu Rotaru, Mirko Rahn, Erwin Laure, Stefano Markidis, Valeria Bartsch, Christian Simmendinger, PPAM 2017 - the 12th International Conference on Parallel Processing and Applied Mathematics (Lublin, Poland, 10-13 September 2017);
- Task-parallel LU factorization of hierarchical matrices using OmpSs, José I. Aliaga, Rocío Carratalá, Ronald Kriemann, Enrique S. Quintana-Ortí, 18th IEEE International Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Scientific and Engineering Computing (PDSEC) 2017 at IPDPS - IEEE International Distributed and Parallel Processing Symposium, (Orlando (FL), USA, 2 June 2017);
- Performance study of multithreaded MPI and OpenMP (preprint version available here), Dana Akhmetova, Roman Iakymchuk, Orjan Ekeberg, Erwin Laure, High Level Programming Models and Supporting Environments Workshop (HIPS 2017) at IPDPS - IEEE International Distributed and Parallel Processing Symposium, (Orlando (FL), USA, 29 May 2017);
- MPI Sessions: Leveraging Runtime Infrastructure to Increase Scalability of Applications at Exascale, Daniel Holmes, Kathryn Mohror, Ryan E. Grant, Anthony Skjellum, Martin Schulz, Wesley Bland, Jeffery M. Squyres - paper presented at EuroMPI 2016 (Edinburgh, UK, 25-28 September 2016). Slides available at http://www.eurompi2016.ed.ac.uk/sites/default/files/attachments/Holmes-MPI_Sessions.pdf;
- Exploiting Task-Parallelism in Message-Passing Sparse Linear System Solvers Using OmpSs, José I. Aliaga, María Barreda, Matthias Bollhöfer, Enrique S. Quintana-Ortí - paper presented at Euro-Par 2016 (Grenoble, France, 24-26 August 2016) and published in Euro-Par 2016: Parallel Processing - Volume 9833 of the series Lecture Notes in Computer Science pp 631-643.
- INTERTWinE: Progamming Model INTERoperability ToWards Exascale, Jakub Sistek - poster presented at HiPEAC18 (Manchester, UK, 22-24 January 2018)
- INTERTWinE: Programming Model INTERoperability ToWards Exascale, Valeria Bartsch - poster presented at the Café Européen de la Recherche at the Teratec Forum 2017 (Palaiseau, France, 27-28 June 2017)
- INTERTWinE: Resource Manager APIs, Xavier Teruel, Vicenç Beltran, Mark Bull, Olivier Aumage, Enrique S. Quintana - research poster presented at ISC 2017 (Frankfurt, Germany, 18-22 June 2017);
- MPI RMA as a directory/cache interoperability layer, Nick Brown, Tiberiu Rotaru, Bernd Lörwald, Vicenç Beltran, Xavier Teruel, Olivier Aumage - research poster presented at ISC 2017 (Frankfurt, Germany, 18-22 June 2017);
- Directory/Cache API for Sharing Data in Distributed Memory Systems, Tiberiu Rotaru, Bernd Lörwald, Mirko Rahn, Nick Brown, Vicenç Beltran Querol, Olivier Aumage, Xavier Teruel - research poster presented at ISC 2017 (Frankfurt, Germany, 18-22 June 2017);
- INTERTWinE: Programming Model INTERoperability ToWards Exascale, Valeria Bartsch - project poster presented at ISC 2017 (Frankfurt, Germany, 18-22 June 2017);
- Leveraging MPI RMA for an efficient directory/cache transport layer, Nick Brown, Tiberiu Rotaru, Bernd Lörwald, Mirko Rahn, Vicenç Beltran, Xavier Teruel, Olivier Aumage - poster and associated lightning talk presented at EuroMPI 2016 (Edinburgh, UK, 25-28 September 2016).
- OpenMP Tasks for QR Factorization in PLASMA, Jakub Šístek, Jakub Kurzak, Julien Langou - talk presented at SIAM Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing (SIAM PP) 2018 Tokyo, Japan, 7–10 March, 2018 (http://meetings.siam.org/sess/dsp_talk.cfm?p=89712).
- Using OpenMP tasks for QR factorization in the PLASMA library, Jakub Śístek - talk presented at High Performance Computing in Science and Engineering (HPCSE) 2017, Ostrava, Czech Republic, 22-26 May 2017.
White Paper on Applications Workshop
In October 2016, INTERTWinE led the organisation of a two-day Exascale Applications Workshop. This workshop brought together 12 application owners and 4 EC-funded projects (INTERTWinE, EPiGRAM, EXA2CT and AllScale) to discuss application needs in the exascale era. The applications cover a lot of well-established HPC codes as well as upcoming codes: particles-in-cell code for space plasma simulation; CFD simulation for aeronautics or multiphysics; simulation of complex fluids; dense and sparse linear algebra; machine learning; and quantum chemistry.
For a full report on the findings of the workshop, please read our White Paper on the Exascale Applications Workshop.